Saturday, May 25, 2013

Goodbye Kindergarten

Although I am SUPER excited to have Olivia home everyday all day, it was kind of nice (in a weird way) to hear that she was not overly excited to begin summer (meaning she loved kindergarten!).  She said the thing she would miss most was her friends.  Here is one of her best friends, Jenna, at Field Day.
 Her and Jenna won 1st place in the egg throwing contest. Even though their egg never broke, it could have something to do with Jenna getting nailed with an egg in the head and having it ooze down her hair (no fault of Olivia). Either way, they got 1st!  The picture however is of the gym teacher walking by the long line of kindergartners with a shield as each one of them aimed for the target with their own egg.
 Field Day sack races.  Good in theory, but the sacks were a little too big for Olivia's liking and after a couple hops she quit the race.  I'm not one for quitting, but in this case, I believe it was the right choice, for many reasons. :-)  We'll try again next year....and maybe even practice at home with pillow cases first!
 She was excited to sit in her teacher's chair for a little bit.
 Kolton is hanging on to a pole and they were spinning around and around together.
 Tug of War. Their class fought hard and came in 3rd.
Kindergarten Night. She made herself. We also watched a slideshow of the year in review.  I tried really hard not to cry.  I was amazed at how attached I felt to some of the other kids in her class too.  It was a blessing being able to participate in so many activities this year. (Thanks G&G!) 
 The class showing all the parents "A Tooty Tata" dance.
 End of the year class party. This picture is basically just to remember the classroom.
 And her class.
Isaac and Elias came too and enjoyed some of the activities.
 Balloon game.
There was no 'real' graduation, but one of the parents brought this in for the party.
We now have an official "grader".  1st grader that is!

No comments: