Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Boy Scout Family Camp and Some Other Stuff

I took Elias and Olivia to the airport one night to welcome the WWII veterans back from their visit to Washington. There was a ton of people, decorations, and a very loud band with big drums. It was very cool to see. This was the last picture I took before leaving. 
 Cards
Olivia, Grandma, and I went to the animal shelter to play with cats. 
 I would have taken this guy home if I wanted a cat. He slept on me for a very long time.
 We camped one night at the boy scout family camp. We were the only ones from Isaac's troop to go. It was 35 degrees at night and we all got sunburns during the following day. Here they are drinking apple cider in the morning to get warm.
 It was pretty in the morning with all the low clouds.
 View of the campers from the top of the hill where the shooting was taking place.
 Bow and arrow practice.
 His final target.
 BB gun practice.
 Sling shot practice. They used dog food pieces for their ammunition.
 Digging for dinosaurs.
 Making quick sand.
 Dinosaur hat.
 Elias was so tired the following day.  I looked at him once and saw his eyes were closed under his hat while listening to the presentation before making volcanoes. This was him looking up trying to pay attention. 
 We put their beds together at first thinking that we would have to separate them soon after, but they have done fairly well falling asleep next to each other. Elias really loves the closeness. But sometimes it's just not close enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love keeping up with one of my favorite families through your blog. Thanks for sharing the memories!!

- Erik