I took the kids to Louisiana to visit my sister over spring break so Justin could write his 30 page paper. So here it is...
Waiting for breakfast from the Breakfast King.
G&G drove out too. Olivia and Grandma had their nails painted polka dots.
It rained about 5 out of the 8 days we were there, but we went to the park anyway.
Sporting TN where ever they go! Either that, or they really just like to cheer Tara and I (Tami) on where ever we go!
Fun puddles to splash in!
Connor found this broken necklace in the field and dragged it around for awhile.
Picnic lunch.
Isaac didn't want his picture taken, but Aunt Tara didn't stop till she got one! (I think he liked it.)
They read this book over and over and over again. I liked it. If I Built a Car....describes a creatively cool car designed by a kid.
Olivia REALLY liked driving this. We stayed on the street the whole time because of how wet the grass was. It was also a nice retreat for when all the boys got a little much for her. :-)
We went to a lake with a mini zoo.
Oooo...pretty.
We celebrated Will's birthday...
...which also happens to be Logan's birthday!
Rice table. Good for ants and rats as well. :-)
Here's the lake I mentioned earlier.
Will and Tara have Grandaddy's boat down there to enjoy. It's a fishin boat, but fun to steer for the kids.
The boys and I took a ride while Tara and Olivia stayed back and had a "girl party" by the water.
These pictures are all out of order, but Dad and Tara had success in keeping the boat from floating away once they got it in the water.
Back at the zoo. We fed grass to a donkey and 2 ponies. Or was it 2 donkeys and 1 pony? I can't tell.
I had to hold on to Connor like this most of the time so he wouldn't go over. I guess he has forgotten when he fell out of the boat at G&G's house last summer doing the same thing.
This is what happens when you put your arm down a little too deep in the water. Soaked.
Then we picked up the girls and all rode together for a bit.
I think she's going to be a great driver when she's 16.
While at the lake/zoo area, mom twisted her ankle, big time. It was completely purple ALL over with big knots sticking out. She she spent much of the time after that resting it. Elias still talks about Grandma falling in a hole in the grass.

The kids took her dinner that evening.
She went from crutches to cane to now almost no cane. Yea!
The boys played lots of monopoly junior. Adults did too.
Olivia wrapping up the "injured" boy. Just like Doc McStuffins.
We went to the air force base one day to see the plane museum. Here they are actually more mesmerized by the fire ant hill.
These were some we got to go up and touch. They liked that.
Just a pose.
Isaac really liked the fighter planes and bought a model of one with his own money before leaving. (B29??)
Boys and bombs. Awesome.
We also stopped by to see Uncle Will at work. He fixes machines for the hospital...amongst other things.
Kids got to ride up and down on the cool lift.
Another birthday celebration....breakfast.
Chow down.
Birthday balloon squares. While in the parking lot, an older man told me he must be old fashioned because he remembers when balloons were only round. :-)
The morning we left was the boys' birthday. So we celebrated again.
Presents.
One evening before getting ready for bed. E made a tent while O was reading.
And the best sister in the whole world..... Tara. Thank you William and Tara for a super fun time!

No comments:
Post a Comment