Friday, August 7, 2009

Little or Big....Make Up Your Mind!

Need a laugh....read on.....

OK, so a month or two ago I ask Olivia, "Olivia, can you get Daddy a small piece of toilet paper to blow my nose with?" So, like the sweet girl she is, she says, "I can get it for you," and promptly runs to the bathroom. She returns with a grateful, innocent heart and says, "Here ya go Dad," with her hand outstretched pinching a 2-inch long sliver of toilet paper. "Thank you sweetie," I say as I'm holding back the laughter....

Now, fast forward to a couple days ago....I've grown wiser now right?

I've got the kiddies solo for the evening and I was lucky enough to get Olivia fed before Isaac woke up. So I'm feeding Isaac on the couch and I ask Olivia, "Olivia, can you get Daddy a 'big' piece of toilet paper to wipe Isaac's nose with?" I decided to be smart and not say 'small piece' so I wouldn't get the sliver I got last time, right?! As she's walking away grateful for the opportunity to help, I give a hopeful request, "Or you could just get a napkin from your table in the kitchen," thinking that asking for a 'big piece' might be a bad idea too. So she bypasses the kitchen and heads for the bathroom. Olivia returns about 2 minutes later (this was fine with me because I got some quiet focused feeding time for Isaac-he gets distracted to say the least). This is what she returned with. I think she's got BIG and little down pretty good ya think!
A few minutes after getting the 'big piece' of toilet paper, Olivia tells me she has to go potty...this is what I found in the bathroom. At least it wasn't an entire roll! Hehehehe...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is HYSTERICAL!!! look at all the toilet paper.. she really worked hard for all that.
-Erin S