Ok, so I (Justin) want to know all the stories and funny or creative ways you all have avoided (or not) the unpredictable diaper change 'pee fountain'.
Isaac tried to soak me the other day, but I was able to dodge the surprise as it streamed by me and hit the floor. I then had the great idea to block it with my cupped bare hand to spare the floor from further damage. Tami had a good laugh.
I spilled the beans on my inexperience....your turn!
Wednesday, February 18, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
So you have now found that changing a boy is much different than changing a girl! You are lucky that your first experience with the pee fountain was with one boy. I used my hand MANY times to cover the fountain. I had to learn very quickly that before you ever even start to take the dirty diaper off that you put open a clean one and go ahead and put it underneath for that emergency cover. It takes time to notice the "signs" of a potential fountain and practice to perfect the quick diaper cover up. Now I am not saying that you will never have to use your hand again, but it will stay clean more often.
I had many, MANY experiences with the twins peeing on the floor, in my face, my eye, the table, the plant, on the mirror...it's unbelievable! They also seem to pee their outfits all the time. You must make sure the peewee is pointed down when you put on a clean diaper...otherwise the pee will always come out the top. Also, I agree with Jennifer...make sure the clean one is underneath and that you swap it out quick and pull the front of the new one on. JC used to say "Pow, POW!" because he got so used to doing it so fast. We laughed and laughed. Sometimes when it was a dirty diaper, we would get a small baby washcloth and put it over the peewee while wiping the dirty so that the boys wouldn't pee everywhere. That helps. Good luck!! I'm sooooooo laughing at you guys right now...just think what it would be like to have 2 little boys right now!!!
2 words...Pee-Pee Tee-Pee (or is that 4?) I've heard of this and just bought my first pack of 3 for our little one coming in July. You don't have to buy these, ofcourse (but they were awfully cute with silk on the inside and planes on the outside!) But the idea, i've been told, is to COVER. Ofcourse they need to pee, but the cool air helps with the act.
Congrats you 2 :)
Our experiences are just around the corner so i'll be checkin' back on your blog to see how you're doin and if you have any new things to say about having a boy.
Bless you both!!!
Jess & Nate :)
Post a Comment